Subject LeaderMiss Ovenell
The CurriculumPE at Orchard Primary School is taught twice a week and covers a wide range of activities across the school year including games, cricket, gym, dance, athletics and strike and field games.
This school year every school received extra sports funding through Sports Pupil Premium. At Orchard Primary we are using this funding in 3 keys areas: To ensure children receive 2 sessions of PE each week delivered by professional coaches.
Sports Premium: through this funding we have increased the range and uptake of sports clubs and increased the quality of PE lessons taught by our staff through weekly CPD via team teaching with the professional coaches. The full list of objectives are as follows:
- to provide opportunities for children to compete- tournaments etc.
- to improve existing resources/equipment for teaching PE where necessary.
- to increase PE lessons led by professional sports coaches to 2x a week.
- to increase capacity within staff for teaching quality PE through weekly CPD as teachers team teach with professional sports coaches during one session.
- to increase in range and number of sports clubs offered.
- to increase in take-up of clubs by all children at Orchard Primary School.
- to increase links to local clubs and organisations.
Impact will be measured through:
- observations carried out by senior leaders.
- pupils surveys.
- new assessment sheets to track achievement and progress.
- staff surveys.
Physical Education PolicyPE Policy
How can you help at home?
Please can you ensure that children have their PE kit in school for their lessons.
If your child wants to join a club then see the office for more information.
Intervention programmeAt Orchard Primary we run a number of sports clubs for all age groups both before and after school. This makes use of the Sports Pupil Premium funding we receive. Some of the clubs include: judo, football, multi-skills and hockey club. Not only do our teams compete and represent Orchard Primary at a good competitive level, but they always play with a fantastic sporting attitude-even when they are on the losing end. It is always a pleasure for staff and parents to watch Orchard children playing competitive sports against other schools.
Assessment InformationAll pupils are assessed by the coaches using an assessment grid. It has 6 levels and 3 sub levels within that for each aspect of PE. Click on the file below to view the assessment grid.
Aspire to achieve Believe in yourself Care for each other